Accessibility Plan and Advisory Committee
The 2001 Ontarians with Disabilities Act (ODA) was enacted by the Province to improve opportunities for people with disabilities by identifying, removing and preventing barriers to their participation in the life of the Province. The ODA also mandates municipalities to prepare and develop accessibility plans on an annual basis.
Removing Barriers: A Multi-Year Accessibility Plan for the Town of Hearst 2019-2023
Hearst Accessibility Plan Advisory Committee
- Contact: Anne-Marie Portelance, Chair of the Accessibility Committee
Tel.: 705-362-8420 – E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Vision of the Accessibility Committee
That Town of Hearst services, programs, infrastructure and buildings be accessible to all.
Mandate of the Accessibility Committee
- Plan, identify and monitor accessibility;
- Establish priorities and strategies;
- Remove and prevent obstacles that affect our municipality’s services;
- Present the above to the Town Council for approval;
- Establish links with various local and regional services and agencies.
Minutes of the Accessibility Committee