Part III of Regulation No. 17-81 as amended
- Prohibits parking of motor vehicles in any manner that interferes with or blocks traffic flow on public roads.
- Parking on certain private and public properties is prohibited, except for the purposes stated on the signs posted on such properties.
- Prohibits overnight parking of commercial vehicles on all streets between the hours of 8:00 p.m. and 5:00 a.m. and on Sundays and public holidays.
- Prohibits overnight parking of any vehicle on municipal streets during winter months from midnight to 7:00 a.m., commencing November 1st and ending on April 15th, to facilitate snow removal operations.
- Parking is prohibited in front of the Fire Hall, in designated fire routes and on certain streets, such as both sides of Front Street between 12th Street and 15th Street.
- The Downtown Area is a designated parking meter zone, with rates established for parking on the street and in the Municipal parking lot.
- Monthly parking permits are available for a fee for using spaces in the Town’s parking lot.
- Parking is free in the downtown, Mondays through Fridays after 6:00 p.m. and Saturdays, Sundays and during public holidays.
- Visitors can enjoy free parking at any time by obtaining a special “free parking tag” from the Hearst Town Hall or the Hearst Welcome Centre.
- Metered areas are patrolled and vehicles parked in contravention of any of the provisions of the by-law are ticketed.
- Fines are set for various offences of the by-law and are payable at the Hearst Town Hall during regular business hours, or by depositing the ticket envelope containing the exact sum in the night deposit box located in the main entrance of the Town Hall, or by mailing the ticket envelope with the exact sum enclosed (don’t forget to put a stamp).
- Parking fines are due within 15 business days of the date of issuance.