- Prohibits the operation of certain businesses, trades and occupations without a licence issued by the Town
- Sets standards for the condition of and conduct of licensed premises
- Applications for licenses must be completed each year and nominal fees paid
- Premises are inspected prior to issuing a licence
- Examples of businesses requiring licences are: automobile service stations and garages; bake shops; barber shops; hair salons; pool halls; bowling alleys; dry cleaners; food premises and restaurants; grocery stores; salvage yards; Laundromats; mobile hair dressers; theatres; stores selling tobacco products; trailer camps; sign and billboard painters; flea markets; public halls.