SUMMER HOURS of the Hearst Town Hall and Gilles Gagnon Welcome Centre : 8:30 a.m. - 12 p.m. and 12:30 p.m. to 4 p.m.

July 2024 Residential Waste and Recycling Collection Calendar

Read more

Employment Offers

Read more



Civil ceremony – $300

The civil ceremony can be conducted by the following persons. Call either one of them to book a date and prepare your personalized ceremony:

Janine Lecours (705-372-5060)
Mireille Lemieux (705-362-4341, extension 1100)
Monique Lafrance (705-362-8802)
Alain Blanchette (705-372-3502)

Marriage Licence – $125

  1. Please call the Clerk’s Department (705-362-4341, 1001) or go to the Hearst Town Hall at 925 Alexandra Street, to book an appointment for a Marriage Licence. Hours issued 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday to Friday. If an appointment is not booked, we may not be able to issue the Licence.
  2. A Marriage Licence can be issued only to the applicant and/or joint applicant.
  3. Both parties must complete, date and sign the Marriage Licence application form. You can either obtain the form from the Clerk’s Department or by downloading it here.
  4. Both parties must provide two pieces of identification.
    An original birth certificate;
    Another official photo identification (passport, driver’s licence) and change of name certificate, if applicable.
  5. When issuing a Marriage Licence to only the applicant or the joint applicant, we require all of the information noted on the Marriage Licence application for the absent person.
  6. Any person who is 16 or 17 years of age requires BOTH parents’ consent. Contact the Clerk’s Department for the required documentation.
  7. If you have a rural address, you must provide your lot, concession number or 911 address or township.
  8. If you have been divorced within Canada, we require the divorced party to produce the original or court certified copy of the final Canadian Certificate of Divorce or Canadian Decree Absolute for examination by the Marriage Licence Issuer. The documents will be returned after the examination.
  9. If you are divorced outside of Canada, please see the Clerk’s Department for the requirements.
  10. A Marriage Licence is valid for use anywhere in Ontario for a period of three months from the date of purchase.

For further information, visit the Government of Ontario website or call the Office of the Town Clerk at 705-362-4341, 1001.