Job opportunity: Ressource Teacher August 2, 2018
Centre Éducatôt Hub
Position: Resource Teacher
Start date: September 4 2018
Location: Centre Éducatôt Hub, 1100 Edward Street
Remuneration: In accordance with the Administration program wage scale
Hours of work: 36.25 hours per week
Requirements and qualifications
- Post-secondary degree in Early Childhood Education, Social Work, Special Education, or other equivalent field.
- Knowledge of behavioral intervention techniques and behavior modification.
Skills and experience
- Strong ability to communicate fluently in French and English, both orally and in writing;
- Must have a thorough knowledge of the Day Nurseries Act and the Learning Framework;
- Must have a good sense of observation, reflection and analysis and synthesis;
- Two years of relevant experience in the field of early childhood and work experience with children;
- Highly organized and self-directed skills;
- Ability to communicate easily in front of a group of people and convey messages clearly;
- The ability to work as part of a team;
- Must possess a valid driver’s licence and access to a vehicle for frequent travels.
Summary of responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Director of the Centre Éducatôt Hub, the resource teacher will support the implementation of the program for the Bouts de chou Daycare, Familicare Agency and Early ON Child and Family Center of the Corporation of the Town of Hearst while ensuring compliance with policies and procedures.
He / She will provide support in the preparation of the various files related to the program. He / she will identify the training needs of early childhood educators. He / she will take part in meetings in order to establish intervention plans for the concerned children. He / she will provide relevant information to parents about their child during meetings (which may be held in the evening).
For a more detailed job description, click here. (available in French only)
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS:
Interested individuals are invited to submit a cover letter and a curriculum vitae before 3 pm on August 16, 2018, to the following address:
Sacha Vandermarel, Administrative Assistant
Postal bag 5000
925 rue Alexandra