EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: Senior By-law Enforcement Officer/Health and Safety Coordinator July 14, 2017
Senior By-law Enforcement Officer/Health and Safety Coordinator
The Corporation of the Town of Hearst is seeking an independent, reliable, honest, and diplomatic person to fill the position of Senior By-law Officer/Health and Safety Coordinator.
Purpose of job
- Enforce municipal by-laws that are not assigned to other designated officers.
- Manage the municipal by-law department budget and supervise the work of a by-law officer, two deputy by-law officers and two cross guards.
- Promote by-laws and related legislation to prevent violations.
- Act as Health and Safety Coordinator.
- Plans and organizes promotional and educational campaigns in connection with the municipal waste management program.
- In collaboration with the Director of Public Works and Engineering Services, produce the program performance reports and submit the required data for provincial government funding related to recycling.
- College or university degree in one of the following fields: health and safety, legal and/or business administration.
- Minimum of 3 years work experience, in management and staff management.
- Excellent bilingual communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Leadership qualities, team player and positive attitude.
A salary according to classification 10 of the current wage scale commensurate with qualifications and experience as well as a comprehensive fringe benefits program are offered.
For a detailed job description, consult the Town’s web site: www.hearst.ca
Please forward resume before Friday, August 4, 2017, 4 :00pm, to:
Yves Morrissette, Chief Administrative Officer
Corporation of the Town of Hearst
S.P. 5000, 925, Alexandra Street,
HEARST, ON POL 1NO