EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: Registered Early Childhood Educator June 4, 2018
CENTRE ÉDUCATÔT HUB
INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL CONTEST
Work location : Child and Family ON y va Center
Offre d’emploi : REGISTERED EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATOR
Type of position: 25 hours a week
Start date: July 2018
Remuneration: According to the current salary scale
The educator is responsible for the playgroup animation for children and parents at the Child and Family On y va Center. Our playgroups are delivered to our main sites in Hearst and Mattice as well as our community sites.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Organize, prepare and animate learning activities for children and parents;
- Contribute to proper operation and quality of the program.
- Offer activities that stimulate children’s curiosity, inquiry, discovery, problem solving, learning and communication skills;
- Must be knowledgeable about and must put into practice the resource guide “How Does Learning Happen? Ontario’s Pedagogy for the Early Years”;
- Establish a relationship of trust with the parents and discuss about the child’s development with them;
- Develop a relationship with children and parents based on respect, uniqueness and fun;
- Access information from parents about child development and parenting;
- Ensure the well-being and safety of children;
- Ensure the maintenance of equipment and premises.
Education, skills and experience
- Post-secondary degree in Early Childhood Education, Social Work, Psychology, Special Education, or other equivalent field. If not already completed, the successful candidate will have to qualify to become a member of the College of Early Childhood Educators;
- Two years of relevant experience working with children and their families;
- Knowledge on early childhood development;
- Strong ability to communicate fluently in French and English, both orally and in writing;
- Must be available to work in the morning, afternoon, evening and weekend;
- Must possess a valid driver’s licence and access to a vehicle for frequent travel;
- Must possess a valid Level C First Aid Certificate (general first aid and CPR / AED);
- Must possess a blank criminal record, including an audit for the Vulnerable Sector.
If you are interested in this position, you are invited to send your curriculum vitae, accompanied by a cover letter, before Thursday, June 21, 2018 at 4:00 pm.
Le Centre Éducatôt Hub – Child and Family On y va Center
1100 Edward Street
P.B. 5000, Hearst, Ontario P0L 1N0
Fax : (705) 372-2814
E-mail : email@example.com
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.