EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: Building Inspector/Fire Prevention Officer June 29, 2017
Building Inspector / Fire Prevention Officer
The Corporation seeks a dedicated, innovative and resourceful individual with sound judgment and excellent interpersonal relationship skills for the combined position of Building Inspector / Fire Prevention Officer.
Purpose of job
- Responsible for fire prevention programs, fire training and education programs of the fire protection service and ensure fire suppression and control is conducted in accordance with procedures and policies of the Department and applicable regulations of the Province;
- Conduct review of building construction plans and undertake inspection of construction works to substantiate compliance with requirements of the Ontario Building Code, Property Standards By-Law, Zoning By-law and other applicable policies and regulations of the Town and the Province;
- Manage the workplace health and safety policy of the Town and liaise with department heads and committees to establish compliance with safety policies and procedures;
- Act as Emergency Measures Coordinator by delivering education programs with the community, by maintaining liaison with emergency control group, associated agencies and stakeholders and by managing emergencies and evacuations;
- Assist the Director of Planning/Chief Building Official enforce property standards established by municipal by-law, which includes respond to complaints, investigate violations, notify property owners according to the Building Code, prepare inspection reports required for property standards hearings.
- Post-secondary education in pertinent field and/or experience and other qualifications deemed equivalent and commitment to take required courses for certification with the Ontario Fire College, under Chief Building Officials and Inspectors program, under mandated workplace health and safety curriculum and under emergency measures training programs;
- Leadership qualities, team player and positive attitude.
- Excellent bilingual communication (verbal and written) skills
A competitive salary according to current salary grid commensurate with qualifications and experience as well as a comprehensive fringe benefits program are offered.
For more information about the position, please contact the undersigned at 705-372-2817
Please forward resume before Wednesday July 12, 2017 4:00pm, to:
Yves Morrissette, Chief Administrative Officer
Corporation of the Town of Hearst
P.O. Bag 5000, 925 Alexandra Street,
Hearst, ON POL 1NO