Employment opportunity: Administrative Assistant for the Economic Development Service January 8, 2019
The Corporation of the Town of Hearst is seeking candidates for the Administrative Assistant position at the Economic Development Service.
Reporting to the director, the person occupying this position is primarily responsible for performing the administrative duties of the economic development department related to assisting the director, accounting, maintaining record keeping and various registers, as well as assisting staff in carrying out their duties through various administrative tasks.
This position administers the following services:
- Deal with customers, suppliers and partners, all accounts payable, accounts receivable and the administrative management of grants;
- Assist the director in the production of reports or documents, as well as in the organization of meetings or events;
- Convene meetings of various committees and maintain minutes of meetings;
- Manage the buildings managed by the economic development department and be responsible for leases;
- College Certificate in Office Administration
- 2 years of relevant experience
- Excellent knowledge of French and English written and oral
- An hourly rate between $20.76 and $25.95 proportionate with qualifications and experience and a complete fringe benefits program is offered.
Interested persons must submit their application before 4 pm, January 25, 2019, to the following address or by email:
Sylvie Fontaine, Director
Economic Development Service
523 Highway 11 East
Only those selected for the interview will be contacted.
The Corporation of the Town of Hearst is an equal opportunity employer and we will accommodate the needs of applicants under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process.