JOB OFFER – Arena Caretaker/Icemaker
The Corporation of the Town of Hearst is seeking an individual to fill the part-time position of Arena Caretaker/Icemaker at the Claude Larose Recreation Centre.
- Carry out repairs and maintenance of the recreation centre building and facilities;
- Prepare, maintain and repair the ice rinks using various equipment, including the ice resurfacer (Zamboni);
- Monitor the premises to ensure public safety;
- Maintain parks and all other properties under the responsibility of the department.
- Proficiency in both official languages (verbal);
- Hold a Class “G” Ontario Driver’s Licence;
- Able to work in adverse conditions.
Hours of Work:
Hours of work will be approximately 80 hours per month, mainly evenings and weekends according to a predetermined schedule, from August to April. Work could be assigned from May through August, depending on the selected candidate’s availability.
An hourly rate of $25.
You may click here here for a detailed job description. Questions may be addressed to Nathalie Coulombe, Director of Parks and Recreation, at (705) 372-2803.
Interested candidates must submit their application before Thursday, September 30th, 2021 at 4:00 p.m., to the following address or by email:
Chief Administrative Officer
925 Alexandra Street
Postal Bag 5 000
Hearst, Ontario P0L 1N0
The Corporation of the Town of Hearst is an equal opportunity employer and will accommodate the needs of applicants under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please contact the person named above for any accommodation request.