JOB OFFER – Administrative Assistant
CORPORATION OF THE TOWN OF HEARST
The Hearst Economic Development Service (EDS) is seeking candidates for an Administrative Assistant position.
Reporting to the director, the person occupying this position is primarily responsible for performing the administrative duties of the economic development service related to bookkeeping, providing grant reports, managing the buildings under the EDS’ responsibility, coordinating various committees, providing reception services and managing the gift shop, as well as different related tasks.
- Providing reception services, promoting items for sale, dealing with customers, suppliers and partners;
- Managing all accounts payable and accounts receivable for the EDS, related to grants and for the Hearst Development Corporation;
- Organizing meetings of various committees and maintaining minutes of meetings;
- Assisting the director and the personnel in the production of reports or documents, as well as in the organization of meetings or events;
- Ensuring the administrative management of grants: financial monitoring and providing required reports;
- Overseeing the buildings managed by the EDS and be responsible for rental contracts.
- College certificate in Office Administration or related studies;
- 1 to 3 years of relevant experience;
- Excellent knowledge of French and English written and oral.
The salary is established according to the classification 5 of the Salary Administration Program and the level of qualifications and experience, which is between $21.18 and $26.47 an hour (between $39,919 and $49,899 annually). A complete fringe benefit program is offered.
For a detailed job description, click here
Interested candidates must submit their application before Thursday, September 16, 2021 at 4:00 p.m., to the following address or by email:
Director of the Hearst Economic Development Service
925 Alexandra Street
Postal Bag 5 000
Hearst, Ontario P0L 1N0
The Corporation of the Town of Hearst is an equal opportunity employer and will accommodate the needs of applicants under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please contact the person named above for any request for accommodation.